Who We Are
The Westside church is a non-denominational group of followers of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and it is all we need to understand every good work God would have us to do in Worship and service to Him (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
We are simply an independent body of believers that proudly wear the name of Christ; for He declared that He would build His church (Matthew 16:18). Since it is His church and He is the head of His church (Ephesians 1:22-23), we know we can be pleasing to Him by identifying ourselves as the Westside Church of Christ.
Our desire is to commit ourselves to following the Bible as our only guide in faith and practice. We believe that religious division can be avoided if the church practices Christianity as the early churches in the New Testament did. The apostle Paul, in writing to the Christians at Ephesus, declared that there is one body and one faith (Ephesians 4:4-6). We believe that if men and women will commit themselves to following the Bible as their only guide in faith and practice then all believers in Christ can be one.
Our assembly comes together to please the Lord with diligent effort to worship Him “in spirit and and in truth” (John 4:23-24). Please feel free to come and sing praises to His name, receive encouragement from His Word, and let us get to know you. In the words of David (Psalm 122:1) “I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’" - NIV
What To Expect
When you visit us, expect to be welcomed! We love visitors and encourage you to join us for Sunday Bible Study, Worship, and Wednesday Bible Study. We keep things orderly as our men lead our studies and worship. We strive to present our worship pleasing to the Lord, following the command given in the New Testament (1 Corinthians 14:26-40).
Sunday Bible Study & Worship
- 9:30 a.m. Bible Study (45 Minutes) - We venture into the Scriptures and engage in discussion regarding a spiritual topic or book of the Bible. We host a children's Bible class separately
- 10:30 a.m. Worship (1 Hour/1 Hour 30 Minutes) - Our worship service is divided into five acts of worship we see in the New Testament:
- Acapella Singing/Four-Part Harmony (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16)
- Praying (Acts 2:42; 1 Corinthians 14:15-16)
- Communion/The Lord's Supper (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29)
- By partaking of unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine (unfermented grape juice), we remember the Lord's death and resurrection
- Contribution (1 Corinthians 16:1-2)
- This act of worship is not a solicitation from our visitors. This is an act required by the members of Westside Church of Christ only
- Teaching/Preaching (Acts 2:42 & Acts 20:7)
Wednesday Bible Study
- 7:00 p.m. Bible Study (45 Minutes) - We venture into the Scriptures and engage in discussion regarding a spiritual topic or book of the Bible. We host a children's Bible class separately
- The first Wednesday of each month is a singing service where we substitute our Bible study for singing songs of praise to God (Acapella/Four-Part Harmony)
- 7:45 p.m. Devotional (15 Minutes) - We are led in a few songs, and guided in a short talk by one of our men.